Blob Sti project.

It's a basic design concept used on the group N engines, the idea is to direct the oil towards the oil pickup pipe whilst keeping the oil inside the sump.

My design is a bit more complex with regards to control under acceleration as it separates the main oil chamber from the rear breather feed, that's why it has the top plate not go all the way to the rear, there is a vertical wall with flaps where the top plate ends. That made it more expensive to manufacture.

While on subject and mines in bits so a good time to ask.
Cylinder 4 cooling mod.
Does this work or marketing gimmick, as ive tried looking and you dont see podrive doing it on grp N cars from what i can see nor did subaru sti in there odd random promo race cars EG the 24hr cars.
but happy to buy one if someone can actually show me they do more than upset flow

I made use of the new icp website and ordered some hardware and tools to change the belt, I have replaced the lower cam gears because of seeing a few posts of these failing of the past 6mths. I wouldn't of normally if I'm honest and havnt in the past but as I'm this far stripped down I thought I would.
IMG20240301144330.jpg

Only ever seen a sprocket issue with previous damage and it was ignored
Agree, and if you look at my old one , it's damaged from last cambelt change you can see the marks on the pulley and that's why changed for OEM and not jumped on this must have rcm alloy versions as they going to blow to pieces

Agree, and if you look at my old one , it's damaged from last cambelt change you can see the marks on the pulley and that's why changed for OEM and not jumped on this must have rcm alloy versions as they going to blow to pieces
It's common for the pulley to be damaged when you use the tool on the wavy part of the pulley when undoing the caphead bolt, they often break because of that.

CAR VX - Japan’s First Vehicle History Reports Service

Events

Back