Always do your homework

sc86

V-Limited Member
Im not sure why lads are surprised , most of the import dealers in the uk are clocking and or selling crashed stuff as mint , there are prople on here recommending importers and garages they have bought from who are always at this , and there new purchase sadly has some secrets.
Be it bradford / birmingham etc , its a minefield.
Same goes with secondhand imports imported over the years , advertised with low kms and they in bits.
Very hard get a diamond in a sea of crap

You can get some really nice r grade stuff and some really nice high kms stuff aswell.

Wally

Type RA Member
Here in Belgium it is the same, we don't have the Jap import as much as you guys have but mostly when an Impreza is sold here there is some neglected maintenance, crash damage or it is simply a worn out car.
From the about 20 that are for sale I think maybe some 5 are in decent and honest shape....

Darrensti

V-Limited Member
Spot on PeteRA about checking cars histories , I got caught one time with a clocked milage car from Japan after only finding out about VXReport after I'd bought the car, I now not only do a VXREPORT check on a jdm car I'm interested in but I will also do a veh reg check on the same car if its already imported over the last few years over here, its dodgy past can be created anywhere and as I've already mentioned, clocked cars are not only done over here its also done in Japan, and as already mentioned on here an R Grade and high milage is not the worst as long as the seller is honest, but be careful on something like a Cat C Insurance write off from the UK, id think that would be much worse for future value in my opinion!

Beakster

V-Limited Member
Anything thats an insurance write off, cat c, cat b or whatever I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole. Don’t care how well it’s been repaired as far as I’m concerned it’s worthless. It kills the resale value.

Burt2000

V-Limited Member
Thats what I wonder about R grade, what does it mean compared to our categories? If it’s a wing or a bumper on its own it might not be so bad but if it’s a bumper, bonnet and 2 wings you can be sure it’s had a fair smack.

FeeRA

WRX TYPE RA
Anything thats an insurance write off, cat c, cat b or whatever I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole. Don’t care how well it’s been repaired as far as I’m concerned it’s worthless. It kills the resale value.
I’ve often bought and sold categorised cars, the only thing I would say is the buying price and resale price has to reflect that the car is categorised and also honesty is a big thing.....

CAR VX - Japan’s First Vehicle History Reports Service

Latest posts