33 Vehicle speed sensor (VSS) or circuit (GC8)

Juubaru

Type RA Member
Greetings from cold Finland !
Theres gonna be subie weathers soon and my loongtime project having this irritating problem
Car runs perfect in normal driving, can be speed up and go to boost few times. then aprx after 15min it goes to limp and CEL goes on and giving code33

Car; gc8 Impreza wrx gt 1993 JDM (GC8-003418)
Transmission - TY752VB3AA with mechanic cable to cluster
RHD - swapped to LHD
ECU - U8 with mine's chip, (speed limiter was deletet, seller said)
Tried with V7 ECU and same problem
Electrics - oem
Cluster - works and its oem
Abs - yes its on and working, some cold and snowy weather it puts on antibrake light but when dryes it goes of

I bought that subie when it was started to tear down to make lhd swap so didnt drive it before
have driven it since 2015 and havent catch what te problema could be

Take your crystal ball and predict

1509joe

V-Limited Member
Either the clocks are faulty or you have a bad connection between the clocks and the ecu. Look for pin outs on your ecu and the back of the clocks check continuity or scope the output at the ecu end while driving.

Juubaru

Type RA Member
Either the clocks are faulty or you have a bad connection between the clocks and the ecu. Look for pin outs on your ecu and the back of the clocks check continuity or scope the output at the ecu end while driving.
Yes sir, i checked the clock and cleaned all the connections back of it. There was bunch of corrosion. Also lifted up the pins of the harness little bit. Now the 4 year mystery is gone. Cheers