2007 STI Restoration

Dreep

Type RA Member
Haven't had time to post anything on here for a while, but this is a brief breakdown of some things that have been done to this day!
We have done a lot of stuff in the background too that I haven't mentioned here...
But here are some before pictures of the subframe, and all of the arms and fuel tank...
View attachment 111041
Gross, I know!
And here are some more recent pictures!
View attachment 111044View attachment 111045
This is how the car is sitting right now
Still, we have a long way to go!
I'll make more in-depth updates soon!

Cheers!:thumb

I regards to having these parts refinished how did you go about it? Were these sand blasted and then powdercoated in Satin Black? Any other info would be greatly appreciated as I soon will be doing something similar.

Motorhead

Type RA Member
Good effort, do you have a pic of under the car before you started all this?

Ive been thinking about some sort of soda/sand blasting setup do you have anything like that or is it wire wheels etc?

Im just going to shamelessly copy what youve done

rudolfssau

Type RA Member
I regards to having these parts refinished how did you go about it? Were these sand blasted and then powdercoated in Satin Black? Any other info would be greatly appreciated as I soon will be doing something similar.
The parts were sand blasted and powder coated!

rudolfssau

Type RA Member
Good effort, do you have a pic of under the car before you started all this?

Ive been thinking about some sort of soda/sand blasting setup do you have anything like that or is it wire wheels etc?

Im just going to shamelessly copy what youve done
Well, I don’t really have any good pics of the car before, only this one...F0D09607-65EB-4633-B395-1B9362D9DC1F.png
But I can tell you, it wasn’t in good condition, the roads where I live and from where we got the car from get salted in the winter, so yeah...

A lot of parts (80%) get sandblasted and powder coated, the rest of them are tackled with a wire wheel and painted with a rattle can!

rudolfssau

Type RA Member
Haven't posted anything on here for a while, in the meantime, we got a new diff cover fabbed up!
310C5B3F-AC39-405C-B7B0-C146EB19243A.jpeg
This was an old pic, we got it all painted up now!

rudolfssau

Type RA Member
Nice, did you do that ?
Is that aluminium?
Still my favourite thread, any more pics?
Hey!
Thanks a lot for the kind words!
Yes, that is all aluminum, and no, I did not make it myself, I designed it and had a friend weld it up!

Haven't been posting a lot of pics because right now it is so cold outside and our garage isn't heated, so that means it is freezing in there! We also have a lot of parts on order that we are still waiting on!

But here are some more recent pics!

Cheers!:thumb

IMG_8424.jpegIMG_8436.jpegIMG_8452.jpegIMG_8567.jpegIMG_8679.jpeg

CAR VX - Japan’s First Vehicle History Reports Service

Latest posts