2 Pot rear calipers for GC8 upgrade

Winchester

V-Limited Member
Looking to upgrade the single pot rears to 2 pots on the new GC8 sprint car project...so looking for 2 pot calipers and/or adapter plates please.
Regards
Adrian

kingdawn666

Type RA Member
What version you got? I've been told you cant replace single pot calipers with 2 pots due to difference in hub size between the v3 and v4

asperformance

Site Supporter
That info is correct if you have a MY97 STi or STi RA with the large R180 diff / hubs and single pot sliding caliper set-up.....
If you have a more regular WRX or UK Turbo then with a bracket change and suitable later 290mm discs then you can add 2pots
Think @Sir MixALot might have had some brakes??

Winchester

V-Limited Member
That info is correct if you have a MY97 STi or STi RA with the large R180 diff / hubs and single pot sliding caliper set-up.....
If you have a more regular WRX or UK Turbo then with a bracket change and suitable later 290mm discs then you can add 2pots
Think @Sir MixALot might have had some brakes??
Thanks @asperformance I’ve been down this route before... I’ve found a set of rear 2 pots and adapters, but I’ll need to order the discs and pads from you, I’ll give you a call tomorrow... The GD WRX discs fit perfectly - i.e. 290mm disc diameter, 170mm inner diameter and PCD100.

Last edited:

1509joe

V-Limited Member
Thanks @asperformance I’ve been down this route before... I’ve found a set of rear 2 pots and adapters, but I’ll need to order the discs and pads from you, I’ll give you a call tomorrow... The GD WRX discs fit perfectly - i.e. 290mm disc diameter, 160mm inner diameter and PCD100.
Hope its not a v3 type r or ra

1509joe

V-Limited Member
It must be a UK car is it ? If so the brackets will work the best with 2 pots and 170mm handbrake. As you may know the v3 type r or ra with 190mm handbrake and solid rear disc are a pain in the arse. Easier to swap hubs.

Last edited:

CAR VX - Japan’s First Vehicle History Reports Service

Latest posts