Yeah...so...anyway, I've bought a Type R

Discussion in 'General Impreza WRX chat' started by funkyrimpler, Jul 3, 2018.

1. funkyrimpler

funkyrimpler Type RA Member

and amazingly it's white..my least favourite car colour of all time...however, the owner is an absolute diamond, the service history is impeccable, the interior is literally like a new car, the spec is nigh on perfect, the mileage is ridiculously low, the previous owner is the current owners neighbour...all in all it's a very nice example that has thrown me into an emotional and financial whirlwind.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

Excellent news @funkyrimpler :thumb White is the third fastest colour after yellow & blue:clap:
    Pics & details please!

• Like Like x 2
    • Yoshi Yoshi x 1
  3. V3 type r

V3 type r V-Limited Member

Glad you found a car @funkyrimpler definitely sounds like a solid investment. Let's see the beast

4. funkyrimpler

i'll post pics when it's all done and dusted and look forward to getting flamed...i might learn to love white cars...but i doubt it...i can deffo envision the car seeing the inside of a spray booth...full bare shell respray is about £6k though...:sweating:
    the wheels are gold though so it's a start.

5. Pete1968

Pete1968 V-Limited Member

Hmmmmmmm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Anze

Anze Type RA Member

Its not so bad, white its the most racing inspired colour (cheapest :)). Unwriten piece of paper ;). So dont worry, you will fall in love with white :inlove:

• Like Like x 1
  7. funkyrimpler

hmmmmm..don't bank on it..I went to the added hassle/expense of buying a metallic blue van...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pete1968

Pete1968 V-Limited Member

So, when will we see this beast then??

Any teaser pics??

9. V3 type r

V3 type r V-Limited Member

What version is it? When was it imported? What's the mileage? How many owners? Surely you can tell us that? Or just give us the reg number as if it has an impeccable history it must be readable and therefore been in the UK a long time so all the mot history will be online unless it's had a few private plates over the years

• Like Like x 2
  10. funkyrimpler

it's a version 4 and was imported in 1998 with about 12k kilometres.
    It was converted to read in miles when imported..it has never done more than 2k in any single year..Hence, the interior looks almost new..
    The seats have no bolster wear or piling, and the red shoulder caps are still scarlet with no fading...
    The fabric on the door cards is still as new...not dirty or wrinkled as they usually go..Even the white lettering on the stalks looks new..
    The gear knob is not even glossy (yet)...

The mileage is confirmed by the MOT's and service paperwork...The alloys have zero kerbing..It wouldn't be a stretch to say that it could virtually be a show car...
    The current owner bought it from his neighbour who was the original UK owner.

It has a massive history file right from the original bill of sale and import docs, to the latest invoice from a few weeks ago, it also has old tax discs and MOT's...
    It has a number of very specific, superbly executed modifications...It's probably not everyone's cup of tea, but that's the beauty of Imprezas..No two are quite alike, and they can modded to reflect their owner's (lack of) taste!

There are literally tens of thousands of pounds worth of invoices and receipts...I don't want to say much more than that because I'll end up jinxing the deal...

The owner is going to have a few minor jobs attended to before i collect it...niggly little bits of stuff but it wants sorting or it'll bug me...It's funny, because the better a vehicle is, the more you notice the minor things...I hope you don't think I'm being arrogant or big headed...I'm just telling it how it is...It's a credit to her previous owners...

When i think about it, I start crapping myself about what i'm doing..It's a totally emotional purchase in the sense that i cannot justify it and do not need it..On the other hand, i doubt i will ever have the opportunity to own such a stunning example..

If i can't afford to keep it, or my situation changes I can always sell it i suppose..Anyway, hopefully it should be in my possession next week...he owner is out of the country for a few days and I don't know if he's had time to leave it at the garage yet...As soon as i have the car I'll post some pics of it as it is when i collect it...

Hopefully if there's any meet ups in my area I'd love to hook up with some other enthusiasts and start enjoying her...That's another reason for buying a Scooby again..Reigniting my passion for these cars..I LOVE classics...The rumble, the feeling..I even love the interiors...People say they are crap, but i think they're awesome...My BMW was so boring.....
    I would also like to make a few new Subaru friends who share that passion...(not a single one of my mates like Subaru's )....the stick I've had for wanting another one......but i couldn't care less.....

I won't be driving the car over winter though..It'll be tucked up...preferably in a nuclear bunker...

• Like Like x 1