WRX RA SCU664Y

Discussion in 'Projects, modifications & how to guides' started by Scubbay, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Scubbay

Scubbay old hand

I'd like to document my Impreza from purchase to date if I may. It's not for sale and I cant see it being so in the near future. Our local forum is in tatters since facebook took a grip so to have somewhere to document and update progress seems appropriate right here. It's a mighty fine car even if I say so myself and I'm happy to share the journey. My object is to preserve and enjoy the car but at the same time modify to suit purpose. I have no interest in anally keeping the car standard factory spec but I hope you enjoy my enthusiasm for the brand.

• Like Like x 4
  2. scooby stevo

scooby stevo Type RA Member

lets see it then :thumb

• Like Like x 1
  3. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

Sounds like a serious thread @Scubbay :thumb

Looking forward to it:)

Dean

4. Scubbay

Scubbay old hand

As she is today. I have to sift through another computer to find photo's. Today is family time but I will make a shape this week. ra3.jpg

ra3.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  5. benji

benji Type RA Member

Looks spot on,

6. scooby stevo

scooby stevo Type RA Member

very clean and tidy - looks mint

Version 2 ?

7. Scubbay

Scubbay old hand

How she was when I bought her.
    sheenra5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Scubbay

Scubbay old hand

I bought this car sight unseen. I knew the original owner from import but it had changed hands 5 times through dealers in a relatively short time. A bad sign you would imagine. Truth was none of them really knew what is was worth or indeed it's true value. Two of the dealers were personal friends and when they had it I didn't have the funds in place to buy it. Apart from a flipped front mount and lens changes it was completely standard. The original registered owner had various other mods done but returned it to stock before trading it in to a Subaru dealer in part ex for a Forester. When I had it delivered all four tyres were shot with age and the exhaust was blowing. A friend of a friends friend another dealer had it and couldn't sell it. I agreed over facebook to pay him his cost. A rather strange affair indeed and a set of circumstances that a normal buyer would have ran for miles from. It had covered around 100 miles in 7-8 months since the trade in. A gamble for sure but I knew there was something special here. The inlet, I discovered, was a mad Kawasaki style Green which had to go. Upgrades and mod's begin here.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Scubbay

Scubbay old hand

Spec as she sits today:
    Engine:
    Fully refreshed spec C thick liner 2.0 block standard spec with refreshed version 3 STI heads and genuine gaskets. ARP Headstuds. Killer B sump kit, Jun oil pump, group n engine mounts, Beatrush pitch mount, Harvey headers and up-pipe, 550 cc Nismo injectors, Aeromotive fuel reg , custom swirl pot with Sytec secondary pump, parallel fuel rails , new age coils with JT Innovations loom, uprated harmonic crank pulley, Lightened flywheel with AP clutch. Flipped front mount intercooler with air box retained mapped maffless with ESL and version 4 map sensor .Standard turbo with Kinguwa actuator. Mapped by AFP I am sure there is further items I have overlooked.
    I have kept the original engine complete in the event I want to return to standard.
    I will update further with brakes, suspension, gearbox and diffs upgrades. I have quite a few photo's to add as well.

• Like Like x 3
  10. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

Cracking! Looks pretty much standard but with all the right upgrades:thumb
    Is it an MY94 or 95?