Whiteline Subaru Sprint Series

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by MAD Hammer, Dec 22, 2017.

1. MAD Hammer

MAD Hammer Mad Hammer Motorsport

Not a great turnout booked for Blyton for the Subaru's :( I though Blyton would get some numbers, oh well. To many polishers and track day heros out there these days.

2. Fatharrydog

Fatharrydog MY98 WRX Type R V-Limited 176/1000

Still time for others to enter...Blyton is on the 10th June.

3. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

Clive @MAD Hammer . The only reason I booked in the first place was to support what you clearly have massive enthusiasm for:bow
    I entered in the Mazda because it's my track car. Had I known it would not be part of the Subaru class I wouldn't have entered - obvious now, I knowo_O
    I'm not interested in winning, just having fun & becoming a better driver.
    My first & last 22b/MLR event was Teesside in 2012 - I think. A great event I really enjoyed. But times have changed for me & I guess other Impreza/Evo owners. The cars & parts are now no longer as easily available at the prices they were back then.
    Sprints are much cheaper than racing, but I don't think it's fair to compare them to track days (I don't polish:D).

I'll be at Blyton next week, but I'm guessing 5 runs max for my money? How much track time would I get for the same £££ on a regular trackday?

Sad times, but reality I'm afraid:)

• Like Like x 2
  4. banhama

banhama V-Limited Member

8 x 20 minute sessions at Lydden Dean:thumb

I guess by 'track day heroes' Clive means people who go on a couple of track days and bang on about how brilliant they are, but don't step up when there's competition and genuine comparison on the table.
    To be honest I haven't noticed anyone like that on this forum.

I never has a chance to thank you though......the suggestion of me doing the Sprint in your place just after my smash up went down so badly that taking the Clio to a track day with Rob passed with hardly a murmur !
    Sighcology eh? Maybe if I propose doing a parachute jump without a parachute I might even be allowed to go racing again one day!

I had forgotten how much fun a track day in a standard car can be, no pressure, no changing to slicks, no settings to fiddle with, just jump in and drive.
    I also discovered that horrendous understeer can be a hilarious challenge!

You know I love racing and competition so I hope the Sprint Series does get good support, but you are right in that track days are great value if you just want to have fun in a car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fatharrydog

Clive have you put a post on Scoobynet? There may be some interest on there.

6. MAD Hammer

MAD Hammer Mad Hammer Motorsport

Thanks for the comments. I have tried Scoobynet every season inc this one but didn't even get 1 reply on the thread!

As for track day vs Sprint, two totally different things. The competition aspect for me is great and the general feel in the pits. I have met some really decent people over the years and I enjoy helping those around me and organising events for all.

I am currently sorting the ten of the best team again, I've lost count of how many years I've been doing that now!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fatharrydog

• Like Like x 6
  8. Keith

Keith V-Limited Member

Well done @Fatharrydog :thumb looks like there were a few longer straights that would have suited the cars with more horses under the bonnet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fatharrydog

@Keith you're probably right and I think coilovers rather than standard WRX suspension wouldn't go amiss either. Have to say I'm chuffed with the 0-64ft time...1.64 seconds was the 3rd fastest time of the day. Are you doing any events this year?

10. Keith

Keith V-Limited Member

I finally fired her up the other week Steve @Fatharrydog. One or two electrical gremlins to sort out then mot and registration. I also need to get the new clutch bedded in as well. Unfortunately holidays are going to get in the way so realistically looking towards the end of July. I will be looking at the dates once I know I'm nearly there :whew:

At least it can get out the garage now under its own steam :D

IMG_1478.JPG IMG_1477.JPG

• Like Like x 6