What is this?

Discussion in 'What Impreza model is this?' started by Jestony, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Jestony

Jestony Type RA Member

Okay i think this is the right place to post this. So I impoted a 97 GF8 sti from Japan awhile ago. But there are still things that are on this car that i cant really explain. If anyone can clear this up for me that would be cool.

First up. There is this subaru logo on my speedometer that i cant find on any other gc8 or gf8 speedo. And i cant find any info on it either. besides it being a subaru logo, was it suppose to represent something? like the year and model of the car?

20170816_200040.jpg

Second. The car seems to have a couple prodrive parts. I understand in the UK prodrive sti's were available but im not sure about japan. My car has ProDrive suspension, steering wheel, and front lip. Was it a special trim available in japan or???

20170816_200031.jpg
    20170816_200240.jpg

Third off. And maybe this one isnt important. But it still grabs my attention. Can anyone explain this badge?

20170816_200226.jpg

20170816_200209.jpg

And last of all. My option code. Ive searched it up and it doesnt seem to match what i can find. As you can see in the photo, it says "MJC". And from what i was able to source online, the only option codes i can find for this model and year was MJ and MG.

20170816_200137.jpg

So maybe im just bad at researching. But all of this has left me in the blue and i kind just want to clear it up. Sorry if i asked any noob questions. And thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2017
  2. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

Welcome @Jestony :thumb
    It's just an aftermarket sticker. No significance unfortunately.

There were no specific Prodrive GF8s, the first was the JDM Prodrive Bugeye.
    Suspension & steering wheel will have been added in JDM land, but the front splitter is the regular STi V3/4 one with a Prodrive decal.
    That's a decal from a newage. Looks to be from the Spec C Limited from memory.
    Edit! It's the V-Limited: http://www.type-ra.com/impreza-spec-c-v-limited-brochure/

MJC is correct for your car. The "C" in the code is irrelevent & can be ignored:thumb

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  3. Chris__p

Chris__p V-Limited Member

That's the team arai edition badge from a new age car

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. tekkerchrede

tekkerchrede V-Limited Member

I might be rude, but this is the only thing really interesting. They should be very good and command a good price in case of a sale. Rest is just stickers as said above. However, Prodrive has a subsidiary company in Japan, or at least a franchise allowed to use the name.

5. Jestony

Jestony Type RA Member

No worries. It is what it is. I mean i have owned the car for a year now and i only think it is as much as an sti. Not anymore than that. Thanks everyone :)

6. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

Still a nice car though:thumb

7. tekkerchrede

Agree. Also the speedo sticker is quite tasty, just the steering wheeel that looks odd. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

Yes Ted, maybe I could make some of those:thumb

9. tekkerchrede

How dare you?! :lipssealed: Yoshi would turn in his grave (after dying in shame of no more GC8's to assemble)..