What have you done in/with your Impreza this week?

Discussion in 'General Impreza WRX chat' started by ASJ, Aug 11, 2013.

1. ASJ

ASJ Moderator

Being enthusiast cars, guess lots of us only use them now and again and perhaps lavish some car and attention on them - more so than a daily driver. May be some of us are lucky enough to use their Impreza everyday...

Though I'd start this thread for random posts that maybe don't warrant a thread of their own, but just a few words and/or a picture of what you've done to your car (odd jobs, good clean, little tweek, etc) or a picture while you were out and about in it (camera phones anyone?)

Rgds, Ade

• Like Like x 1
  2. ASJ

ASJ Moderator

I'll kick us off.... It's the Bristol balloon fiesta this weekend. Just behind my office there is a park with views over the whole of Bristol including Ashton Court where the festival takes place. Balloons are a bit dull (no engines!!!) but there are also some other attractions.

On Friday I popped into the park after work to watch a fantastic 20 minute display by these perfectionists -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On Saturday morning I swapped the track wheels/tyres off my car for the BBS wheels and took the chance to give the wheel arches a good wash down

Despite no office commitments - went into Bristol at lunchtime and left my car in the office car park while I took in the great views from the neighbouring park again

[​IMG]

First off there was a display by a Typhoon (euro-fighter). Awesome piece of kit. Only lasted 7 minutes but the hairs on the back of my neck were standing up the whole time

[​IMG]

Followed by something a little slower, more old-skool but equally awesome

[​IMG]

3. rossi4646

rossi4646 V-Limited Member

About to spray my calipers black:D

4. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

I'm about to wash my yellow one!

5. markspecc

markspecc Type RA Member

6. Suberman

Suberman Moderator

Washed both the hatch and Spec C. Was suppose to install the STI V-belt that i bought, but got lazy. :razz:

7. Suberman

Suberman Moderator

8. Suberman

Suberman Moderator

Good thread Ade.

Did you forget to blank out your registration plate?

9. Amadiro

Amadiro V-Limited Member

Spent this weekend removing the front subframe.

IMG_1269.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
  10. markspecc

markspecc Type RA Member

Yeah forgot about that Errol, not bothered anyway. Car did indeed run faultlessly, I only did two twenty minute session was supposed to do three but it pissed down and delayed the start.

I had a good battle with a WR1 for about 8-10 laps, which was great. How's your spec c mines nearly up to 6k miles. Also why did want to know about the boot trim ?

11. Mortster

Mortster Type RA Member

Thought about taking the front and rear subframes off the R, had a look, then washed the bug instead! :loll:

Poor thing hadn't been washed since its drive to the Alps.

12. plenty

plenty Type RA Member

Great thread - bound to be one of the most popular ones on the forum!

Last couple of weekends have been busy:

• Replaced the driver’s side door seal as the old one was degrading and starting to generate wind noise at speed
    • Sourced another RA gearbox with the correct ratios (having blown two boxes in 5k miles I figure it’s good to have a spare)
    • Sourced a set of Volk Rays TE37s in 16” (my perfect wheels for the classic Impreza), and had them powder-coated in bronze
    • Put on a set of refurbed front four-pots (I was planning to do my own refurb but the slider pins had corroded solid so I exchanged them for Scoobyworx refurbed units)
    • Did the conversion to two-pot rears only to discover that one of the calipers bought secondhand is leaking from in-between the two halves, so it’s on its way to Scoobyworx and hopefully can be mended
    • New brake fluid – I’ve always used Gunson Eezi-bleeds in the past but they do not have the correct cap for the Impreza so bled the brakes the old-fashioned way for the very first time!

13. Rescue Dude

Rescue Dude Type RA Member

This is a pic from last years Rally GB.

WP_000262.jpg

I was worn out having to walk that far!! ;)

14. Rescue Dude

Rescue Dude Type RA Member

Sunday I was at Prescott hill climb.

A few pics in the paddock.

IMG_7352 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_7371 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_7416 (Medium).jpg

The Lancia look alikes will be familiar to Ade. They are Hawks. The Aston is a kit to, but a very nice kit.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ASJ

ASJ Moderator

How did it go.....get a pic up in here or your thread asking for the colour if you can:cheers:

No pictures...........it never happened :loll:

Bit more hardcore than us lot washing our cars :bow

Nice one - brake upgrade is well worth it. Suspect the caliper leak is going to be simply replacing an internal O-ring. Fingers crossed...

I'm hoping this thread will run and run. I appreciate people don't always have time to start a thread of their own, so hoping 'tweet' Thinking style updates in here might be achievable to more of our membership Win

Rgds, Ade

PS Keep 'em coming