Version 5 to S5 WRC bodykit

Discussion in 'Projects, modifications & how to guides' started by Godspeed, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Scotty75

Scotty75 V-Limited Member

Looking good have you decided on what colour or colours the parts will be powder coated will you be going for a gloss or satin finish .

2. Godspeed

Godspeed V-Limited Member

All parts are going black , not going for any loud colours lol

• Like Like x 2
  3. TYPERV6

TYPERV6 Owner at The Project

Looking great Ian. Any reason why you didn't go with the larger S5 vents?

4. tbtstt

tbtstt Type RA Member

Just found this thread courtesy of another build and caught up with the progress so far. This is a build I have thought about for a lot of years and you look to be doing it with the sort of attention to detail that I would love to attain.

Please keep the updates coming: can't wait to see what the finished car looks like!

5. Godspeed

Godspeed V-Limited Member

Not had much time over the last few months to do anything with the car , as all my spare time ( not that I have much ! ) has been spent on my new house build , but have managed to spand a few hours on the car the last couple of weeks , it's looking sorry for itself at the moment on the ramp covered in dust !

Anyway , gave it a lick of paint underneath , so from this

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v14_godspeedbrakes_20180310_094312_zps6vp6l1wy.jpg

To this

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v14_godspeedbrakes_20180625_174348_zpslzep7mip.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v14_godspeedbrakes_20180625_174355_zpsufpm3voe.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v14_godspeedbrakes_20180625_174406_zpsoziaz1ff.jpg

will probably have another coat as it hasn't covered it 100% in a few area's.

Got a few of the bigger bits powder coated locally

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v14_godspeedbrakes_20180711_121922_zpsaqnysvcf.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v14_godspeedbrakes_20180711_121928_zpsivvo7zsf.jpg

The smaller pieces we'll do in house.

Gave the fuel tank a clean up and a repaint

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v14_godspeedbrakes_20180711_121940_zps9levjcnv.jpg

Got the nuts and bolts and exhaust heat shield re-plated

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v14_godspeedbrakes_20180711_122024_zpski8gl4ag.jpg

And joined the group buy on scoobynet for some Meister R coilovers.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v14_godspeedbrakes_20180628_110258_zpsrjikpxgw.jpg

I still need to fix the captive nuts that broke off inside the chassis for the rear cross member , made up some plates with nuts welded to them , just need to weld them in place in the chassis I can then start putting it back together , probably have it finished just in time for the rain to start again , shame i've missed all this nice driving weather we've had !

That's about it for now , hopefully will update it quicker than the last one lol

• Like Like x 8
  6. TYPERV6

TYPERV6 Owner at The Project

Great progress Ian... this sort of tidying work on the underside can really take time... looks to be going well though :thumb

• Like Like x 1