Understeer... RCE T2.... Michelin Pilot Sport 4S? Alignments!

Discussion in 'Projects, modifications & how to guides' started by rudolfssau, Aug 7, 2018.

1. rudolfssau

rudolfssau Spec C Type RA

Hello fellas!
    So recently i've been gathering some info about the S203 STI!
    Have heard from a couple of people that it understeers a lot more than the Stock JDM STI!!
    That is due to the tier sidewalls flexing and the stock suspension overloading when pining the front end down!
    I'm tempted on buying a set of RCE T2 coilovers, and Michelin Polit Sport 4S tiers!
    I can't figuer out the alignment settings for this setup, Bone stock S203 with RCE t2's and Pilot Sport 4s.
    The car would be for agressive B road driving and Track!
    Or should i just keep the stock suspension?
    Thanks a lot!
    Cheers!:thumb

2. 53R

53R www.53Racing.uk

Stock suspension is epic :) Tyres are everything. As an example on my daily vRS Octavia I had Toyo T1R's on when I bought it and it would push forward all the time when hooning about. I put Nankang NS2Rs on all round and it handles like its on rails with very little understeer. The 4 way suspension on the 203 is really good. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. rudolfssau

Really?
    I heard that the suspension isn’t that good!
    That’s like for kindoff tarmac rally ish.. driving!
    Doing that, overloads the suspension!
    Cheers!

4. 53R

53R www.53Racing.uk

Yes it's rubbish sell it to me :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. rudolfssau

:DCheers!
    But dose the alignemt play a big role in this?
    And what is the best way to set it up?

6. 53R

53R www.53Racing.uk

Of course depends how you like it to feel and what driving you intend doing :) The alignment adjustment is no different to any other impreza same goes for the bits you can add to get more camber, caster etc etc etc :)

7. rudolfssau

Ok!
    But how would the RCE T2’s stack up to the stock suspension?
    Not in adjustability, but drivability!

8. 53R

53R www.53Racing.uk

They don't compare tbh. I don't know what the spring rates are but where as with the stock set up I would attack the arbs etc to effect the characteristics of the car more, with the RCE set up I would use the breadth of adjustment to re characterise understeer or over steer. You only really get to find out by doing it yourself on a trackday by adjusting adjusting adjusting. I did this a curborough and it's amazing the difference between spinning and winning by just a few clicks bias front to rear using the click adjustment.

9. 53R

53R www.53Racing.uk

For what it's worth on track I would run coilovers if that helps :)

10. rudolfssau

Spring rates are 500/400lbs!
    Yeah.. the only real advantage is the adjustment!
    But id get them for that!
    http://www.racecompengineering.com/...-shocks/tarmac-ii-05-07-sti-fitment-only.html