STI Exhaust diameter size?

Discussion in 'General Impreza WRX chat' started by Ovv, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Ovv

Ovv Type RA Member

I have a STI backbox on the WRX, ideally I would like to replace the downpipe and centre section to get more burble from the car but keep the STI backbox. Does anyone know what size/diameter of the STI exhaust? At present Im working on the assumption that it is most likely 2.5".

In the past I have had Cobra, however the prices of all exhaust makers seems to have shot up - I have been offered a used Japspeed downpipe and centre section but haven't any experience of them - they seem to be very cheap compared to others.

2. Paul73

Paul73 V-Limited Member

WRX and STI are the same size and yes they are 2.5"

I went with Hayward and Scott for downpipe/centre section and a Genome backbox and it certainly does release a bit more noise :)

If it's cheap you may as well go for it

3. Ovv

Ovv Type RA Member

Thanks for that. Normally I would just buy a centre section but seeing as I dont need to comply to emissions due to the cars age, I thought I might go the whole hog and get both. Just need to check if its 2.5" that is for sale now.

4. asperformance

asperformance Site Supporter

might be wrong but i seem to recall the Japspeed stuff doesn't match the Subaru flange positions??

5. Ovv

Ovv Type RA Member

That's also good to know. Will double check once I have some time to get a proper look at it.