S series cars

Discussion in 'Impreza site news & updates' started by type-ra, Oct 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

I've started to add the info for the S series cars to the timelines.
    S201 is the first. You can see the info here: http://www.type-ra.com/impreza-s201-sti-version/
    It's had a bit of an update to be more mobile friendly.
    All feedback welcome as usual:thumb

• Like Like x 3
  2. benji

benji Type RA Member

Interesting to see no abs ? Just looking at the weight and pondered on the thought of what the kit is made from ?

3. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

It's based on the V6 STi RA Limited so has DCCD, hence no ABS. But only 10kgs heavier than the RA Limited with all the extra aero. Good question!

4. benji

benji Type RA Member

10kgs is not a lot considering the size of the kit. And the strength it needs to be to not fall apart.
    It's a shame about the looks as under that plastic lays one of the best factory built classics , would of been cool to use/own one with oem stock bumpers and wing on one.

5. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

Yes, agreed. I wonder if the weight of the RA is with the V6 spoiler or the Gymkhana one as per the S201. Another one to ponder?
    Something else to consider:
    The S201 is based on the V6 STi RA limited. Why no roof vent & aeriel on rear quarter:(

6. benji

benji Type RA Member

Could it be the vent caused a issue in the wind tunnel as that's the whole purpose of this kit so did they think not to use them ?
    The aerial is an odd one as it seems to be changed in the years for no rightful reason I've never understood why it goes front to back to front ?

Dean I can't remember does your v6 have the gym spoiler or v6 ? Just woundered if you had felt the weight differences?
    Also what's the difference in between the s201 and Electra version ?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. benji

benji Type RA Member

Also if the vent wasn't used but these are v6 Ra shells does this mean the vent hole is actually fitted further down the production line ??

8. benji

benji Type RA Member

I actually think this one looks better , (love these wheels!!)
    IMG_4521.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  9. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

Dunno about the wind resistance, it's a valid reason I guess.
    The aerial makes sense. Less wiring & no motor if it's on the A pillar. Lighter for the RAs & cheaper for the UK & EU cars.
    Mine has the V6 spoiler but I've not weighed it & not weighed a gymkhana one, although I did try to buy one last year.
    The Electra One is a very different car & would have been awesome IMO. Shame they watered it down to the S201:(

• Like Like x 1
  10. benji

benji Type RA Member

Oh so the electka was the promo then realised a little less wild styled as the s201?

11. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

That's the Electra 1:bow
    18" wheels according to the press info:eek:

• Like Like x 1