Poly bushes or Group N bushes?

Discussion in 'Subaru Impreza Spec-C help & advice' started by rudolfssau, Aug 7, 2018.

1. rudolfssau

rudolfssau Spec C Type RA

For a long time, i’ve wanted to put on poly bushes around the full car, i know, the ride will be harsh, but the car’s a race car...
    Recently, i stubled upon Group N bushes, they don’t seem to squeek, neither do they need greese, like the poly ones do...
    What would you guys recommend?
    Or should i put some poly bushes and mix them up with Group N’s?
    For poly bsuhes, found these...
    https://www.carid.com/2005-subaru-w...-hyper-flex-system-master-sets-289173786.html
    Cheers!

2. MattyB1983

MattyB1983 V2 STI RA Vlimited.

If that's an entire bush kit for $180 I'm not sure the quality will be that great.

I used mainly Powerflex bushes with a couple of Group N added in. Transformed the car.

3. rudolfssau

I'll take a look at PowerFlex!
    They're pricy, but maybe, at the end of the day, worth it!!
    Just for curiosity, why did you add to the mix some Group N ones?
    Cheers!

4. MattyB1983

MattyB1983 V2 STI RA Vlimited.

Things like engine mounts, gearbox and shifter bushing were done in group N as Powerflex didn't do them.

5. tekkerchrede

tekkerchrede V-Limited Member

The GpN ones are still rubber and thus softer? Even though they can also be very stiff compared to OE.

6. Kev_STI

Kev_STI V-Limited Member

Probably the route to go if using on the road with a mix of bushes in the right place, I think it's easy to ruin a road car by going solid bushed all round, a bit of compliance has to be beneficial.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. PazzaAE86

PazzaAE86 V-Limited Member

The thing to remember with Polybushes is that they only effectively work in 2 dimensions. If the engineers designed that particular bush to require movement in 3 dimensions, then a polybush isnt optimal, will bind up and limit movement. If GrpN are an OE+ style, that is where i would spend my money.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. rudolfssau

There are poly urathane bushes for the engine and transmission mounts too....
    Just not PowerFlex!
    Dammm.... There isn’t anyone who has compared poly and group n engine and transmission mounts on a STI.. Bummer!
    But in the drivetrain and suspension with poly bushes defenetly fell awsome!

9. tekkerchrede

tekkerchrede V-Limited Member

Why just not keep it stock/OE upgraded and appreciate car + price will sky rocket.. :thumb

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. rudolfssau

Well see.....
    Not completly sure on this idea, but it could happen!