Photobucket

Discussion in 'Impreza site news & updates' started by type-ra, Jul 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

I'm sure you are all aware that Photobucket changed the rules on embedding images in third party websites a couple of weeks ago. Lots of threads on lots of forums have been rendered useless thanks to the disappearance of images in them:(

Fortunately, we shouldn't be affected too much by this. Around 3 years ago I added a feature to the forum to "mirror" images from other sites on to the forum directly:)

Images added to forum threads before Photobucket made the changes around the end of June will still be mirrored on here:thumb Any Photobucket pics added after that will not:(

Images from Facebook & other sites/forums are also mirrored:thumb

Images hosted on Photobucket and used as signatures are not mirrored as they are classed as dynamic images so they will disappear.

As always images can be uploaded directly to threads using the image uploader box at the bottom of the reply box in posts or they can be added to albums in the gallery here: http://www.type-ra.com/subaru-forum/gallery/

HTH

Dean

• Like Like x 5
  2. Iain

Iain V-Limited Member

I'm impressed Dean - whilst so many threads around the World have bit the dust you have single handedly saved saved us from the same fate!
    I doff my cap to you Sir, well done :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. 53R

53R www.53Racing.uk

This will kill off a lot of forums as their data resources diminish. :( Looking at forester.org it's a real shame how many threads are now just words without diagrams or reference points :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

Thanks @Iain It's been a big concern of mine for a while, mainly due to users deleting images from their PB accounts & breaking threads. I have to confess I didn't expect PB to do what they did:(

5. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

Agreed, so much info killed off:(

I'm sure you'll have saved any pics you need though:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

I've just checked your thread @Iain & the images are there but seem to get the "dead" graphic on PB?

7. 53R

53R www.53Racing.uk

Yeah pretty much but it's the finger tip cross referencing you can't do as easily.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. gus

gus V-Limited Member

So whats the next best altenative to PB ??? for a computer numpty like myself lol

9. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

• Like Like x 2
  10. tekkerchrede

tekkerchrede V-Limited Member

Would it, excuse me if this is already possible, be realistic to include the very simple editing, i.e. rotate pictures and maybe cropping? I think the rotation could be useful for those pictures taken upside down in hard to reach areas.