New to subaru, would like Info on ej20k,

Discussion in 'Impreza site news & updates' started by Diablo 666, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Diablo 666

Diablo 666 Type RA Member

Hey.. new to this forum, and Subaru.. some info would be cool.

2. tekkerchrede

tekkerchrede V-Limited Member

Welcome. But a little more hints to the exact information you need would be nice..

3. Diablo 666

I guess that would help.. well for starters, if someone had the layout, or translation to my interior fuse box, 97 sti would be great I dont read Japanese, as far as the engine goes, I'm having a hard time finding parts, I know I have en ej20k, but I e went to subaru, and they can't find any thing.. I was looking for plugs, wires, and ignition coil, as my valve cover gaskets are leaking pretty bad.. the guy I bought it from is mailing me the gaskets he bought as he forgot to bring them when he drove the car up... he wasn't much help as far as locating parts, etc.. seems to run really good, but think it should be checked to make sure its tuned properly..

4. Diablo 666

It has cold air intake, after market down pipe and exhaust straight pipe I believe, did not see a muffler or cat. Boost control from 5 psi to 18 psi, turbo timer, and catch can.. but when up turn the boost up and really walk on it, at around 45 hundred or so psi it almost seems to loose power... so since I've noticed that I've been pretty careful.. any thoughts, or opinions in what that could be? Back pressure because of the exhaust maybe?? I dunno

5. Pete1968

Pete1968 V-Limited Member

6. Diablo 666

Perhaps a different fuel pump, and or injectors?

7. Pete1968

Pete1968 V-Limited Member

Yes new fuel pump is always a good idea for sure, even if running stock power, they're old now.

8. Diablo 666

That's fine, but where do I get one? And if I did that I would change the filter and injectors too, which circles back to parts lol, after I did that, would i have to have it tuned??

9. Diablo 666

Thanks man! Sorry your link didn't show up on my end right away

• Like Like x 1
  10. tekkerchrede

tekkerchrede V-Limited Member

I am sure you can find Import Car Parts (ICP) on Google. If you sign up here as V-Limited member, they even offer a discount. Otherwise @asperformance might be able to help you with both parts and advise. :thumb