MY99 Type RA Limited No.337/1000

Discussion in 'Subaru Impreza Image Gallery' started by Burt2000, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Burt2000

Burt2000 V-Limited Member

So I bought this off a fellow type ra member last week, I'm sure he will come and say hello. Being from Belfast I enjoyed the swift trip over to Scotland to pick it up and back over again on the boat. Some of you will know the car, it's in excellent condition having been imported 2 years ago and only done a few thousand summer miles in the 1 UK owners time. It drives so well and definitely feels sharper than the few type R's and ra's I drove before this one (probably becuase it hasn't been altered from factory).

It has a few nice Sti upgrades from factory such as suspension, strut braces, brakes, seats and a prodrive back box.

Plans are to keep it as Subaru intended and get it up on stands over winter to steam clean and de tar the arches etc and underneath of it as it's in excellent condition with no rot anywhere. I would consider a clear sealant if anyone knows of any good ones. Also plan to get a dent man to remove a few minor trolley dings and give it a good session with the DA. In spring it will get a full service and timing belt before going back on the road next spring/summer. It hasn't and won't see a UK winter!

Anyway a few pics.

IMG_1439.JPG IMG_1442.JPG IMG_1440.JPG IMG_1443.JPG IMG_1447.JPG IMG_1449.JPG IMG_1436.JPG

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 10
  2. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

Lovely car @Burt2000 :bow Those seats look like new:eek:

Your search took a while but your patience cetrainly paid off:thumb

• Like Like x 2
  3. Burt2000

Definitely, I'm glad I waited for the right one, previous owner was genuinely sad to see it go but its went to a very good home and will be pampered.

• Like Like x 1
  4. asperformance

asperformance Site Supporter

very nice

5. Topper Harley

Topper Harley V-Limited Member

Looks real nice . Best of luck with it .

6. Kev_STI

Kev_STI V-Limited Member

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. tekkerchrede

tekkerchrede V-Limited Member

Really looks nice. Had it been a STi RA I would have had it from you. :thumb Is it not @Keith's old car?

8. Burt2000

It certainly is....I cant see me ever selling it, too good underneath and drives really well. It reminds me a lot of my old V6 type R I had about 8 years ago which was the only car I ever regretted selling.

9. barnzyy28

barnzyy28 V-Limited Member

The seats don't look like anyone has sat in them!

• Like Like x 1
  10. tekkerchrede

tekkerchrede V-Limited Member

Looks really good, but I wonder if the light and phone combination has helped a little bit. Notice also interior looks nice and dark. No doubt mint, but could be a little illusion involved.