lamco gauges fitting...

Discussion in 'Projects, modifications & how to guides' started by funkyrimpler, Aug 28, 2018.

1. funkyrimpler

funkyrimpler Type RA Member

hi Guys,
    So i've got myself a set of these..a voltimeter, oil temp, oil pressure. They come with all the wiring and sensors. i've also sourced a new old stock OEM pod with mounting brackets...
    Do you have any advice or info on fitting these, and the locations in the block for the sensors..? I have a FMIC so access to the bulkhead is pretty good..Any recommendations on where to route the wiring?
    Any help would be awesome.:thumb

2. theboywhippo

theboywhippo Type RA Member

Hi chap,

From memory when I removed mine to fit the Defi's the voltmeter was connected to the radio harness and the oil pressure/temp sensors were fitted to a sandwich plate. I'm sure I've got a picture of it somewhere...

ai89.photobucket.com_albums_k232_theboywhippo_a90d8ff2da2434e35019b2bca44c66f8.jpg

My boost gauge was just plumbed into a spare nipple on the intake manifold.

I think most folks prefer to fit the oil temp sensor in the spare hole above cylinder 3 and the oil pressure sensor by the alternator in the stock location which is where my Defi sensors are located now :)

Cheers,

Paul.

3. funkyrimpler

funkyrimpler Type RA Member

thanks Paul..I assume it's almost plug and play once the sensors are in?
    I fitted a set of Prosport gauges into my Turbo 2000 but i used a 'christmas tree' adaptor which Scoobyclinic supplied, but i don't think that was an ideal solution or an accurate one.
    Thanks again mate

4. theboywhippo

theboywhippo Type RA Member

No worries :) Yeah I think from memory power, illumination etc are all picked up via the 'radio harness' and then it's just a case of fitting the sensors and getting the wires into the cabin. My Defi wiring comes in via the big grommit behind the glovebox but I can't remember which way the Lamco wiring ran.

Maybe someone else can help shed a bit of light?

Paul.