Introducing Paul and his '96 JDM WRX Wagon

Discussion in 'New member welcomes' started by Paul92, Jan 1, 2018.

1. asperformance

asperformance Site Supporter

ph1 wagon (chassis wise) is virtually the same as the equivalent saloon and hence handles just as well (minor differences in spring rates / roll bars & steel rather than alloy front arms)
    the TD04 tends to get into its swing fairly quickly so is actually more lively unless pressing on

2. Paul92

Paul92 Type RA Member

Thanks for the info. I have found a pair of decent alloy wishbones and tend to rebuild them with Whiteline replacement bushes.
    Seems like a nice extra touch.

Since I can't find any detail on the engine components of the WRX sedan and STI models of MY95/96 (except forged internals on the STI) compared to these, what kind of upgrades are a smart thing to do before increasing power?

So far I can guess the oil cooler modine and an uprated pump.

3. asperformance

asperformance Site Supporter

would depend on your budget and how far you intend to go but in general terms these engines will happily do what you have mentioned without issue

the oil cooler modine is basically a water / oil heat exchanger and not something you would / could upgrade performance wise

4. Paul92

Paul92 Type RA Member

Got it. First things first.
    Oil pressure and temp gauges are malfunctioning, so I need to check those first.
    Then the electric folding mirrors, wich are a bit loose apparently.
    Then rip off the manual boost controller and Green cone filter. Got an OEM box finally.
    And fitting the oil catch can when it arrives.

Saturday is actually the big day. Finally going to collect her in Belgium. Up for a 280km ride back home and start preparing her. To get a Dutch license plate that is.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rossi4646

rossi4646 V-Limited Member

Welcome:thumb