International Impreza owners please sign in!

Discussion in 'Worldwide Impreza owners' started by type-ra, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Neal

Neal 1996 WRX type-ra STi version 3

What caused the spun bearings?
    Just interested as my car is of similar age and I would hate the same thing happen to mine.

2. DrTumbo

DrTumbo Type RA Member

that is glorious! Will definitely be coming to the February meet

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mantis

Mantis Type RA Member

The event is also on this Saturday. Initially I wasn't able to go, but there is a slight chance it will now make an appearance....

Will pm you tomorrow night if it's looking likely.

4. DrTumbo

DrTumbo Type RA Member

would LOVE to go along - sadly I will be working at the hospital; can't be helped lol! Hopefully you can also make February too!

5. darksurfing

darksurfing Ver. III Impreza WRX STi V-Limited 001/555

Well my first mistake was to rev the hell out of the car without taking the oil to proper temp and with the wrong oil and octane. And when i was rebuilding it, i made a mistake by machining the crankshaft to 0.50 ( people here told me not to do it, but i did it because i ran out of money, and i was so anxious of getting the car running, that didn't listen ). After the rebuild the car run really good but the engine was never revved over 7000 rpm. But one day i thought about taking it over 7200 rpm, and the worst happened, my crankshaft twisted causing a bottom end failure and damaged the cyl. Walls.
    I seriously cried like a kid that day because it lasted 1 year the engine...
    Then I rebuild it again but this time the engine lasted about 2 years, that included tracking and auto x the car for each month, with a turboback exhaust. One day, my thrust bearing fail without reason... so finally what i did was just to calm down, and i did a full engine rebuilt this time with genuine parts and i learned from all those mistakes...
    I am actually running 0.9 bar instead of 1.2 bar.
    I run only 97-98RON ( maximum i can get).
    5w50 oil and i warm the car up to operational temp, before i drive it hard and i change it every 6000 kms.
    Never sees more than 7000 rpm.

Sorry for the very long post, but i wanted to explain it the best i could.
    My recommendations are always treat her with care and look after it, do not make the same mistakes i did. Always Use the best fuel available possible if you are running the stock 6s ecu. Oh, and keep it stock as possible

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Karlll

Karlll Type RA Member

We had some fun at the weekend in the Estonia. Me and my friend took part in a little amateur rally event. At the beginning it was ment to be a snow rally but it soon turned into mix of snow/gravel/ice, so lots of fun.

One little video we made:

And some pictures:
    ac1.staticflickr.com_5_4747_39821747511_dac21f3fd1_b.jpg
    ac1.staticflickr.com_5_4767_24951605097_826837572c_b.jpg
    ac1.staticflickr.com_5_4744_25948991088_ccdc6a3098_b.jpg
    ac1.staticflickr.com_5_4662_39112118854_c48e588bea_b.jpg
    ac1.staticflickr.com_5_4672_39789905302_765518b429_b.jpg
    ac1.staticflickr.com_5_4769_39112121934_768e9ee381_b.jpg
    ac1.staticflickr.com_5_4665_39112124714_af08b84208_b.jpg

Regards
    Karl

• Like Like x 6
  7. Wally

Wally Type RA Member

Nice video Karl, what type of diffs are on those cars ?

8. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

That looks like fantastic fun @Karlll :bow

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Karlll

Karlll Type RA Member

Yeah it was :) , looking forward for the next weekend, we plan to participate in a similar event, hope we are going to have a lot of snow this time :) @type-ra

My car, v3 white sti RA has stock setup (5mt DCCD, open diff in front, R188 clutch lsd in rear), blue car (v6 sti RA v limited) has drivetrain from newage spec c, so 6 speed dccd, clutch type lsd in the rear and helical (torsen) in the front @Wally

• Like Like x 2
  10. darksurfing

darksurfing Ver. III Impreza WRX STi V-Limited 001/555

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1