Impreza WRC S5/S6 best body kit

Discussion in 'Projects, modifications & how to guides' started by TrevS, Feb 5, 2017.

1. TrevS

TrevS Type RA Member

Hi all

I am totally new to Subaru and Impreza's but am currently looking for a Type R project car to turn into a WRC replica. I know there is at least one member on here that is also undertaking this kind of project so wondered if anyone could recommend the best place to get either bodywork parts or kits, which is going to be easiest to fit to a standard road car and which is going to give the most authentic look.

So far I've found 3 suppliers of WRC parts/kits

Subaru WRC spares - They offer exact replica panels and original prodrive parts in either GRP or Carbon. I know Jamie on here is using these for his S5 replica and they will no doubt look totally accurate but how easy would they be to fit?

antonenko555.com - These guys now sell a WRC replica kit. I think the cost is around £2k and the current project car they are building is shaping up nicely but I am not sure how accurate the body is to an original car. Does anyone know much about the kit?
    http://antonenko555.com/product/wide-body-kit-wrc-prodrive-for-subaru-impreza-gc8/

Aerosim - They offer a full carbon body kit but to my eye it doesn't look like an exact replica.
    http://www.aerosim-research.com/

If anyone has any info on any other suppliers then please let me know

Any help much appreciated

Trev

• Like Like x 1
  2. tekkerchrede

tekkerchrede V-Limited Member

I think @Iain uses parts from Yurij Antonenko for his project. Try asking him for more information.

3. TrevS

TrevS Type RA Member

thanks for the info, Just spent the last couple of hours reading through Iain's build thread. He is trying to achieve exactly what I would like to do so will try and get in touch for some advise

4. Iain

Iain Type RA Member

Hi Trev,
    Welcome along.
    Jamie and myself have been treading a similar path for a while. Not quite using the same suppliers all the way tho.
    My thread details who I used for what, plus my thoughts.
    Jamie has recently taken his up a level but I'll leave him to reveal all when he's ready.
    In short get clued up on S5 and S6 specs. Yuriy's is S6 so needs more castor to fill the arches (one of the key design differences in bodywork terms) which is why S5 and S6 front wings & bumpers are not interchangeable.
    I've only made a little more progress since my last post, so don't have much to add.
    Good luck with it and fire up the welder!
    Iain

5. Iain

Iain Type RA Member

6. Iain

Iain Type RA Member

Just my sideskirts came from Yuriy. Still have quite a lot of work ahead of me on those to make them fit between the rear 3/4's I have and my front wings. I'm sure they'd fit his own stuff ok tho.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. cosbros

cosbros Type RA Member

Bit of a thread resurrection here but I'm currently working on steel S6 panels. I have a set of original Prodrive panels as patterns and will be offering them for sale. DSC_1523.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  8. cosbros

cosbros Type RA Member

DSC_8867.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  9. stira2

stira2 V2 STI RA V-limited, V3 STI RA