Impreza Type R back to standard

Discussion in 'Impreza Restorations' started by type-ra, Dec 16, 2012.

1. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

I started operation "back to standard" today.

Changed the indicators back, so thought I'd do a quick guide.

1. Remove the front fog covers - 3 phillips screws per cover:

[​IMG]

2. Remove 10mm bolt from indicator. Top left in pic:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Disconnect light from loom:

[​IMG]

4. Repeat steps in reverse to replace indicator:

[​IMG]

Job done :cheers:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Topper Harley

Topper Harley V-Limited Member

Much better looking Dean.

Silly clear yokes Nop

3. biscuittin

biscuittin V-Limited Member

getting there , you painting wheels gold and cant wait to read your guide to polishing the old girl :)

4. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

Wheels should be black Paul.
    I think my polishing guide will be quite short :p

5. WelDun1

WelDun1 Type RA Member

I'm not talking shit, but how can any1 say it looks so much better when All he did was change the markers? Like I said "not talkin shit" jus didn't see a change in anything. If ur going back to stock, then Please share with us, on what's aftermarket, cuz I ain't seein it. I just bought a Ver5 STi Type-R, and it is completely stock, excpt for Blitz Boost Controller, and turbo timer. One owner, and 42k miles! I got so damn lucky. Except for the fact that I was s'pose to be getting a Ver6 STi RA WRC limited, but it was so. expensive, so I got this beauty...
    ai1288.photobucket.com_albums_b486_WelDun13_sti5typer003_zpsd9a04817.jpg

6. Chris__p

Chris__p V-Limited Member

Wheels, version 6 front lip, clear side repeators, two obvious differences from stock. The way the cars are going seems to be the going back to stock, for example on yours putting the stickers back on, all part of the OEM look, saying that though yours looks very nice

7. ASJ

ASJ Moderator

.....plus wheels, v6 front splitter, clear side repeaters, black bumper 'wedges', 22b bonnet vents. ;)

Check out the 'specs' section from the home page and the pictures from the brochures. Very few factory standard cars still exist if you look closely....

Althought Dean's type R looks pretty standard it still had a few mods when he bought it. - all of which are going or gone. Indicators, stickers, brake caliper colour :loll:, air filter, dump valve to name a few.

Rgds, Ade

8. WelDun1

WelDun1 Type RA Member

Yeah, I get what ur saying, I just don't consider stickers a modification. I think the yellow Type-R in Question is absolutely beautiful!
    I'm pretty happy with my Type-R. I just can't wait to get the engine goin. And the Apexi PFC installed ect... It's exciting!

9. WelDun1

WelDun1 Type RA Member

As far as I know, the front lip is stock on my car. And I think the clear markers wer a factory option. As for the 22b vents and black wedges, guilty!

10. Chris__p

Chris__p V-Limited Member

I'm not saying they are but to get it back to how it left the factory then they are needed, there may well come the time when they do become classics and people will be looking for mint original cars, it seems to be starting now. I'm trying to get mine back to that look as much as I can within reason as well but too far gone engine and stuff wise now.
    Can't beat a nice clean white type r, cracking motors