Hi there, new member with version 2 RA

Discussion in 'New member welcomes' started by james hazell, Sep 12, 2018.

1. james hazell

james hazell V-Limited Member

Hi all, this is my first post on the forum so would like to introduce myself. I'm James and am from the outskirts of Derby. After 4 newage imprezas i've finally purchased a classic. Its a WRX type RA STI version 2 (i hope that's correct).

Its in a bad way and is a long term project being off the road for the last 8 years! It needs an engine rebuild and a bit of paintwork, but is 99% origional and the interior is in surprisingly good condition.

coming from a 10 years of newage ownership i feel abit like a fish out of water and have fairly limited mechanical knowledge, but who does'nt love a project ay !

• Like Like x 1
  2. james hazell

Would upload images but couldnt seem to get the "upload a file" to upload my images from my laptop

3. james hazell

4. james hazell

is the pic attatched ?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  5. Pete1968

Pete1968 V-Limited Member

Looking good James, great car. :thumb

6. Kev_STI

Kev_STI V-Limited Member

Yep got it, well worth getting in good shape, great cars on our roads. I've gone the other way from classic RA to newage :D. Few of us from Notts here but also a few Derby lads as well I think.

7. james hazell

Do love the newage cars, but had the classic itch for years and finally bit the bullet !

8. Kev_STI

Kev_STI V-Limited Member

I don't blame you, after all...they are THE classic! Luckily I still kept a classic RA so the balance is kept :D. Best of luck, loads of info on here if you need :thumb

9. Steve777

Steve777 V-Limited Member

Hi @james hazell No doubt I’ll see you new purchase at one of the monthly meets :thumb

Steve

10. james hazell

I'm sure you will Steve, should be done by about 2025