GDB STi Genome Exhaust...

Discussion in 'Imprezas & Impreza parts for sale' started by 53R, Sep 17, 2017.

1. 53R

53R www.53Racing.uk

Selling my STi Genome exhaust, if anyone is looking for one let me know :)

These were always difficult to source even more so now. With the Yen so strong I am struggling to source them under £500 in this condition :( Looking for £375. I just paid near £700 for this lovely SG9 one which is why I have the GDB one forsale :) Similar condition, I'll get some pics if anyone is genuinely interested :)

genome.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. 53R

53R www.53Racing.uk

Sold :)

As a matter of interest I just watched a nice Genome go through the auctions today at cheap money. I thought I would share the costs if it helps put into context the value/costs involved of parts now which aren't already landed in the UK. :)

Genome GDB Exhaust - 24,000 Yen
    Postage in Japan - 6000 Yen
    Postage to UK - 25,700
    Auction fees - 300 Yen
    Total Upfront Japan Cost - 56,000 Yen / 400 GBP
    UK Duty and VAT - 114 GBP
    Handling Fee - 25 GBP

Total Cost to your door - £539.00

Original cost of the exhaust listed was around £170 which is cheap and with a relatively good Yen rate at the moment. :)

I thought this might help people to understand the pricing of good condition JDM parts now that the flow of quality breakers has started to decline. :)

Whether people feel these are worth that much money is an aside from the fact that that is now what they cost to import in the condition you would be proud to fit them to your vehicle.

Hope this has helped. :)

I have a couple more of these in my collection which I would be prepared to sell. It's good to establish a figure that they will sell at which does seem to be at the level I originally pitched my advert. :) The days of JPParts selling these by the bucket load for £275 are gone :(

Thanks for reading. :thumb

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 53R

53R www.53Racing.uk

I still have more of these for the same money if anyone is interested :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. benji

benji Type RA Member

Where these available for the later gc8 models or only GDB versions

5. Pete1968

Pete1968 V-Limited Member

Oh they look so so good. Go for it Benji. ;)

6. TypeR Finchy

TypeR Finchy Type RA Member

Im interested if a straight fit for a gc8 but I see there for a GDB, don’t want to muck about with the brackets if possible.

7. 53R

53R www.53Racing.uk

I have one on my SF5 and on my classic they fit straight on but you just don't use the third hangar :) STi made a similar exhaust for the S201 but you will struggle to find one as they are very rare and old and rusted unless stored.

I bought one but would never sell it. :)

IMG_20180322_013256_199.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Paul73

Paul73 V-Limited Member

Only for Newage models officially as far as I can see....there are no mention of them in the various catalogues I have.

@TypeR Finchy If you do want to use the 3 hanger it just requires a bit of heat and lots of care to turn it around.

Most of the ones I've seen/purchased have all had scrapes along the bottom edge of the box and the trailing edge of the exhaust :(

They are ,imo, the finest sounding backbox available for the GC8 so if you can find one cheap or fancy giving 53R some money so he buy more rare stuff :rofl: then get one :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Christiaan

Christiaan Type R version 5

Just a quick question. What will a S201 back box go for today if one can find them?

Please share more pictures of that S201 box PLEASE.

10. Paul73

Paul73 V-Limited Member

Last one I saw on Buyee went for just over £500 that was about 6 months ago