GC8 Wheel replicas?

Discussion in 'Subaru Impreza WRX Help & advice' started by PaulD, Nov 11, 2017.

1. PaulD

PaulD V-Limited Member

So, my original plan was to get the 16in Rays on my version 6 sti refurbed, but in the back of my mind was wanting to get 17s to "fill the arches" a bit more. :) The chances of finding original Rays GC8 17in wheels not needing the extra expense of a refurb, seem pretty remote from the searching I've done.
    The nearest replicas? I've found are the Revolution rally millenniums which seem very nice, or are there any others I should be looking at?
    Or should I stick with my original plan as my wheels have brand new Bridgestones on them to, so that would be more expense! :-(
    Thanks in advance
    Paul

2. tekkerchrede

tekkerchrede V-Limited Member

The 17" OZ Superturismo Evo was a very popular (dealer?) fit in Japan. Would also close resemble the tarmac wheel used by Prodrive in '99. Then there is also the usual suspects like a ST2. You could also have the P7, but I would like a set before you get one.. :p

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. PaulD

PaulD V-Limited Member

Thanks Christian, the ST2s look a bit "chunky" for me o_O, the P7s look nice. The race is on who gets some first! :thumb :)

4. tekkerchrede

tekkerchrede V-Limited Member

Agree with you on that. The ST2 has never been my favourite, whereas the P7 is more simple. However, the seven spokes are also a bit strange, but like them 95% of the time.. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. 53R

53R www.53Racing.uk

ST2's FTW ;)

6. PaulD

PaulD V-Limited Member

FTW = ? the weight? :wondering: :)

7. NZ RA

NZ RA V-Limited Member

I fell in love with these forged monoblock 17" Rays and bought 'em for £500.
    All are in perfect shape and look rightous.
    Real close to the Rays S One Zero rim-those have three little dimples on the end of each spoke and STI decals.
    I could hunt you down a set, if you like?#

DSCF9837.jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. PaulD

PaulD V-Limited Member

They are beauties @NZ RA :cool: and thank you for the kind offer :thumb, but I'm keen on keeping it to 6 spoke wheels, unless they do the monoblocks with 6 spokes? :blush:

9. PaulD

PaulD V-Limited Member

What size tyres should be fitted to 17in wheels? I've got 50 profiles on my 16in I guess you keep to that? :mm: going to 45 would defeat the object of getting bigger wheels? :think:

10. Chris__p

Chris__p V-Limited Member

17 on a classic will be 215/40/17 or 205/45/17, you need to maintain the rolling radius or else your speedo will be out

• Helpful Helpful x 2