Forester sti

Discussion in 'Subaru Impreza WRX Help & advice' started by V3 type r, Jun 13, 2018.

1. V3 type r

V3 type r V-Limited Member

Quite like them. Was wondering what's the most sought after one(s)? The blue and black 2004/05 ones look nice think that's about the time of the facelift (sg9)? but I remember about 12 years ago 2 boys i worked with said they had a mate with a green forester sti which was one of two in the UK at the time, does that sound about right? Probably 2005/06. They could have been filling me full of shite mind i was only 17. Found a green "lookalike" standard sti one i think from 15 years ago. Quite like the justys aswell

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/subaru/forester/subaru-forester-sti/8670197

https://www.autovillage.co.uk/used-...4722_097507072017102?utm_source=newsnow.co.uk

http://bay2car.com/Subaru-Forester-S-Turbo-AWD-STI-lookalike-282160407344/car115384

2. Kev_STI

Kev_STI V-Limited Member

The blue 04 sti at Torque GT was owned by a colleague of mine from import, originally imported by them last year and it's in really stunning condition (although I preferred it without the lowered suspension). I'd quite like either pre or post facelift, I don't think there is much difference being more sought after or not?

Not sure about a JDM green STI, I wasn't aware there were any produced in that colour but happily be proved wrong!

3. Scotty75

Scotty75 V-Limited Member

I like the preface lift 2004 model i have one which was imported by torque gt in 2015 and sold to a friend of mine then i bought it and its in blue they are the perfect all rounder . I would say theses would be more saught after than the 2005 facelift .
    FB_IMG_1528578059347.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. asperformance

asperformance Site Supporter

is that because you have a "pre" variant.........;) talking to most customers the common theme is the later one looks far more modern and hasn't "dated" as much as the "pre" variant - personally like both but possibly mildly swayed to later style

not sure if the later versions have a different turbo spec as would normally expect mid 300's power wise (once correctly mapped) compared to the lower figures Scotty's showed

probably one of the best kept secrets out there and will upset most "performance" models when the Freelander look-a-like blitzes them :rofl:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 53R

53R www.53Racing.uk

Just keep in mind they are 2.5 lumps and do fail. Also they are drive by wire throttle which is not to everyone's taste. They do look awesome though. :)

6. V3 type r

V3 type r V-Limited Member

Every one I've seen doesn't have a tow bar? I d of thought they would be really good at towing a race shuttle or a trailer no? Look mean as f##k anyway. I wonder if the Americans will start buying them as well when they can since their bigger. There's a guy in peterhead that has a black one and it's well nice, has bronze p1 style wheels on it i think . Are they rising in value?

7. Chiefinspector

Chiefinspector V-Limited Member

Love a nice Forester STi. However, many of them sit too low for my liking - particularly at the rear.

If I had one, I’d have it sat at a higher ride height to further add to the go anywhere / do anything vibe. I’d then fit a smaller tip backbox as I have an phobia of drainpipe exhausts... and then I’d be happy!

8. Scotty75

The question is what do i go by the road map at 310bhp and 362torq or the dyno figures @asperformance :happy:

9. MattyB1983

MattyB1983 V2 STI RA Vlimited.

What were the dyno figures ?

How did he calculate the figures on the road ?

10. Scotty75

Not sure on how he did calculate the figures as it was mapped by previous owner and dyno figures are 283bhp and 325torq @MattyB1983