Essbon's Impreza WRX Type R STI Version 5

Discussion in 'Subaru Impreza Image Gallery' started by Essbon, Oct 2, 2014.

1. 53R

53R www.53Racing.uk

The top mount is epic :)

I always wanted to do this to my slanty WRX set up to get a VF34 in there :)

ascontent_lhr3_1.xx.fbcdn.net_v_t1.0_9_11221947_1020633824926870aa767ca09940d20ad4eb1faa907b64.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. BenGTTurbo

BenGTTurbo 2000 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type-R WRC Limited

How does that Chevron Motorsport top mount compare to a newage top mount? Always fancied one of those and looks like its a good fit with out all the pain involved with fitting a newage.

Car looking good btw :thumb

3. Essbon

Essbon Impreza WRX Type R STI Version 5

From what I've seen and discussed with Simon at Chevron, these are better, hence I've gone for one
    I don't think there is too much pain with fitment, few things needed customising with mine due to all the non standard parts already installed.

please note, as previously mentioned fitting one of their cores on a version to version 6, the bonnet scope is the biggest issue with cooling. later cars not so much of a problem
    also there are 2 versions of their cores, fast road and a race and they are all made to order depending on your requirements and specifications

I suggest giving chevron a call to discuss further :thumb

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Bloomers

Bloomers V-Limited Member

top looks immense! top the OE look of the new scoop, too :thumb

• Like Like x 1
  5. Essbon

thanks
    once car is back, I'll get some proper pictures taken of all the work done and and show the differences between the OEM scoop as I'm sure a few may be interested

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. BenGTTurbo

BenGTTurbo 2000 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type-R WRC Limited

Interested to see some more pics of the scoop.

7. Essbon

I'm popping down to Chevron to check up on progress tomorrow, so I'll take some and post up for you

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Essbon

here you go as requested pics of the new bonnet scoop with OEM for comparison

fullsizeoutput_1868.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1869.jpeg

To ensure we maximise the airflow over the top mount, we have utilised the standard bonnet under-tray but used the horizontal fins from a Version 7 JDM STI car as these are taller and fill the scoop well

IMG_4799.JPG

The rubber seal has been used off a later car (not sure which) to ensure improve and maximise the airflow through the TMIC
    pic below shows the progress made so far

IMG_4807.JPG

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Essbon

Exhaust has been modified to slight improve the airflow and the extend it so the backbox sits better at the back, as before it was slightly under the rear bumper, this was due to the rotated down-pipe, which is a tiny bit shorter than OEM and aftermarket downpipes
    IMG_4796.JPG
    IMG_4795.JPG

just finishing off the cold air feed, filter will be located behind the right P1 Fog Cover and pipework will pop out through wing. A mounting plate needs to be fabricated to make it look neat and tidy

fullsizeoutput_186a.jpeg

here is a shot of the underneath of care for the pipe work... pipe is there for mockup before final installation
    IMG_4794.JPG

so very close now... bar the work mentioned above, just need to finish off some wiring due to new sensors for Syvecs ECU, drop in some new oil, tighten everything up then mapping time

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. funkyrimpler

funkyrimpler Type RA Member

i've just joined the forum about an hour ago...
    WOW>>WHAT A THREAD...

i think i've had an indiscretion...What a stunning bit of kit....and the soundtrack!! It's almost comical.

• Agree Agree x 1