Essbon's Impreza WRX Type R STI Version 5

Discussion in 'Subaru Impreza Image Gallery' started by Essbon, Oct 2, 2014.

1. 53R

53R www.53Racing.uk

The top mount is epic :)

I always wanted to do this to my slanty WRX set up to get a VF34 in there :)

ascontent_lhr3_1.xx.fbcdn.net_v_t1.0_9_11221947_1020633824926870aa767ca09940d20ad4eb1faa907b64.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. BenGTTurbo

BenGTTurbo 2000 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type-R WRC Limited

How does that Chevron Motorsport top mount compare to a newage top mount? Always fancied one of those and looks like its a good fit with out all the pain involved with fitting a newage.

Car looking good btw :thumb

3. Essbon

Essbon Impreza WRX Type R STI Version 5

From what I've seen and discussed with Simon at Chevron, these are better, hence I've gone for one
    I don't think there is too much pain with fitment, few things needed customising with mine due to all the non standard parts already installed.

please note, as previously mentioned fitting one of their cores on a version to version 6, the bonnet scope is the biggest issue with cooling. later cars not so much of a problem
    also there are 2 versions of their cores, fast road and a race and they are all made to order depending on your requirements and specifications

I suggest giving chevron a call to discuss further :thumb

4. Bloomers

Bloomers V-Limited Member

top looks immense! top the OE look of the new scoop, too :thumb

• Like Like x 1
  5. Essbon

Essbon Impreza WRX Type R STI Version 5

thanks
    once car is back, I'll get some proper pictures taken of all the work done and and show the differences between the OEM scoop as I'm sure a few may be interested

• Helpful Helpful x 1