CNC'd roof vent latches

Discussion in 'General Impreza WRX chat' started by Dairusire, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Dairusire

Dairusire Type RA Member

Hey Y'all.

I know it's taken time. But we'll have a batch of 50 in stock within the next 4 weeks. They've been ordered and they're being made as we speak :) Can still order them from the above website :)

Cheers all for your long time interest in this. Taken me a long time to do this but finally there :)

2. tekkerchrede

tekkerchrede V-Limited Member

You did not end up with something more OE? As suggested earlier, I think that is what a lot of us want - at least that holds for me. :thumb

3. Dairusire

Dairusire Type RA Member

Hey mate, yeah we really did try. A billet latch in factory format is unfortunately really difficult to manufacture. Well

4. edsel

edsel V-Limited Member

Since this thread was started, a supply of factory catches has surfaced in the uk. Currently these are no longer hard to find like they were in 2014.
    Out of curiosity what's the priced inc shipping to the uk?

5. Dairusire

Dairusire Type RA Member

Oh I have no doubt that the factory latches aren't hard to find. Problem is though, the factory latches, be it old or new, are prone to breaking under shock loads due to design and material used.

As for cost, it's $107 + $14.60 nzd all up. Billet units that's anodised.

6. Race Altered

Race Altered V-Limited Member

Have you got updated pics of the latches ?

7. Dairusire

Dairusire Type RA Member

Apparently, when I typed out my reply on mobile, it didn't reply back here :/

Page 4 has the latest pics.

Do note that the latches have been annodised :)

8. Race Altered

Race Altered V-Limited Member

If it's anodised with these machine marks it will look pretty poor imho

I would be looking for a nicer finish that this I imagine others would too, can you get a photo of how the finished product will look ?

image.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. tekkerchrede

tekkerchrede V-Limited Member

I have access to a 3D printer using a carbon fibre filament. Not sure if it feasible to print a OE look-a-like. That means I have not been bothered to try yet. A bit sceptical about the joints.

10. MattyB1983

MattyB1983 V2 STI RA Vlimited.

Oohhh, carbon fibre sounds very tempting Christian