Clamps on Samco Hoses??

Discussion in 'Subaru Impreza WRX Help & advice' started by Fatharrydog, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Fatharrydog

Fatharrydog MY98 WRX Type R V-Limited 176/1000

I should have a Samco intercooler Y pipe kit arriving any day now. What are peoples' views on using stainless jubilee clips - will they cut into the silicone? Alternatively, I could use a stainless T-bolt clip as per the picture below - more expensive but should not cut the silicone.
    ai.ebayimg.com_images_a__KGrHqR__n4E8Vih4SMgBPQ9Lm_u5g___s_l1600.jpg
    ai.ebayimg.com_images_g_aRQAAOSw_v1aHztQ_s_l1600.jpg

2. edsel

edsel V-Limited Member

Cheap hose clamps that have cut outs for the screw to wind onto will definitely cut into a silicone hose. Avoid this design....

https://goo.gl/images/1hxCFX

Unless you have problems with hoses blowing off the factory clips should be ok

• Like Like x 1
  3. asperformance

asperformance Site Supporter

our Samco kits come with high quality clamps as std...........

personally you will have far more issues using those Mikkalor clamps than even a cheap "jubilee" clip - if you want the "best" then we stock & supply Murray clamps

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paul73

Paul73 V-Limited Member

My 98 Type R has nearly every single Samco hose on it and they came with stainless jubilee clips.....and not had a problem with them since the engine was put in the car about 1.5 years ago :)

5. banhama

banhama V-Limited Member

Out of choice I would go for the Murray Clamps which @asperformance recommends.
    The only thing that worked reliably when I had FMIC pipework under 1.7bar boost. The Mikalor clamps definitely didn't!

awww.topspeedautomotive.co.uk_media_catalog_product_cache_1_im3925c1a622a0cd8f772ceacee103fa6a.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Fatharrydog

Fatharrydog MY98 WRX Type R V-Limited 176/1000

I'll give you a call in the morning @asperformance Alyn

7. BenGTTurbo

BenGTTurbo 2000 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type-R WRC Limited

Snap :thumb

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1