22b sold for £106,000

Discussion in 'Impreza site news & updates' started by V3 type r, Jan 23, 2018.

1. V3 type r

V3 type r V-Limited Member

Nigel from classic car auctions just emailed me saying he's been speaking to a guy who just sold his 22b with 56000 miles for £106,000. I think that's mental! What's everybody else's thoughts?

2. Kev_STI

Kev_STI V-Limited Member

It is mental but I think there are not many cult cars being built these days so inevitably the older stuff will keep going up....I don't know where it will stop, maybe it won't now that phasing out the combustion engine seems likely?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. sc86

sc86 V-Limited Member

fuck that!

• Like Like x 2
  4. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

I think they are also now on the radar of the serious car collectors/dealers & so have become something of a "commodity". No point in having cash in the bank due to crap interest so investors are buying stuff with more chance of realising themselves a tidy profit come sale time - even better if they get something pretty to look at & drive very occasionally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kev_STI

Kev_STI V-Limited Member

I agree, it's a shame a lot of the stuff won't get used but also it's good that they won't be going to the scrap heap....just yet.

6. 53R

53R www.53Racing.uk

Seems to be the going rate for a while now :)

7. sc86

sc86 V-Limited Member

alot are advertised but not selling
    time for investors to buy them was 3 - 4 years ago
    not now , buy low / sell high
    id say its rich people buying toys for themselves now

• Like Like x 1
  8. V3 type r

I've seen a few in the last 6 months and I'm sure they were going up for around 70-80 grand? Think I saw a project for 50 grand a while ago aswell. P1s are getting a bit crazy now aswell I'd say. I read about the classic imprezas to invest in a couple weeks before my mate sent me the link to this one and found a page from 2012 I think saying any original impreza and the early type R's were getting thin on the ground. Also seen the acaida green classic rs on a site somewhere being called a "gryphen" any idea why its so special anyone? Think it was american

9. tekkerchrede

tekkerchrede V-Limited Member

Some rumours exists on the one unicorn car being painted in the "wrong" colour from the factory. Can it be one of those stories?

10. V3 type r

http://www.autosspeed.com/10-of-the-rarest-subarus-ever/

Ah sorry it was called a "unicorn" not a "gryphen". Is there not also something with the classic imprezas s aswell possibly 22b maybe about the 13th one off the line getting painted black and having red on it aswell? Sure I read something somewhere