January 1997 was another memorable month for Subaru fans.
Why? This was the month that the first 2 door STi sedan was unleashed to the public in it’s home country of Japan.
The MY97 WRX Type R STi Version was announced on 22 January 1997 to celebrate the release of the new WRCar.
Five things you should know about the MY97 Impreza WRX Type R STi Version
- The MY97 WRX Type R STi version was based on the 2 door N/A JDM Retna
- The MY97 WRX Type R STi version was exclusively available in 3 solid colours: Feather White, Sonic Blue and Chase yellow
- The Oxford Blue dash clocks are exclusive to the MY97 Type R STi version
- The “555 SWRT” seats are exclusive to the MY97 Type R STi version
- 518 Chase Yellow paint code was exclusive to the MY97 Type R STi version